Recognizing & Managing Transference in Play Therapy
October 29, 2021 @ 9:00 am – 3:00 pm UTC+0
October 29th 2021
Live In-Person Workshop
Time: 9:00am to 3:00pm
Workshop Level: All
Instructor: Jennie Null LMFT, RPT-S
- Total: 5 contact CE
- Play Therapy Special Topics: 5 hrs
Tanager Place Estle Center LL Training Room
1030 5th Ave SE, Cedar Rapids IA
This workshop is designed for play therapists of all skill level and within all settings. We will explore the different layers of transference and counter transference that are specific to working with children in play therapy. Participants will learn specific types of countertransference they may experience in the context of play therapy and what roles they may unconsciously play in response to countertransference in play therapy. We will also discuss ways to utilize play therapy supervision to address transference and countertransference which occurs in play therapy sessions.
- Participants will identify the definitions of transference and counter transference and describe experiences of these during play therapy.
- Participants will be able to describe the types of countertransference in play therapy and their own individual triggers to these.
- Participants will be able to describe the different unconscious roles a play therapist may play in a therapeutic relationship in response to transference or countertransference in play therapy.
- Participants will be able to demonstrate individual awareness of body sensations, emotions, and actions that indicate presence of transference and countertransference during play therapy sessions.
- Participants will identify how they can effectively utilize play therapy supervision to address transference and countertransference in play therapy
9:00-12:00: Course Instruction
12:00-1:00 Lunch Break
1:00-3:00: Course Instruction
Payment & Cancellation Policy
Payment is due at the time of registration. Cancellations made at least 30 days before date of course will receive a full refund of registration cost. Cancellations made less than 30 days before date of course may transfer their registration fees to an alternative course or request for a partial refund. In the event a registered participant does not cancel and does not attend (no-show), the registration fees will not be eligible for refund or transfer. *All refunds and transfers are at the discretion of Meraki Institute of Learning and Tanager Place