Play Therapy Basics
February 25 @ 2:30 am – 10:30 am CST
February 25th, 2022
Live In-Person Workshop
Time: 8:30am to 4:30pm
Workshop Level: Beginner
Emma Harding, LMFT
Tanager Place Estle Center Lower Level Training Room
Play therapy credit available to mental health professionals & graduate students in a mental health program
- Total: 6.5 Contact CEs
- Play Therapy History (1.5hr)
- Play Therapy Seminal or Historically Significant Theories (2hr)
- Play Therapy Skills & Methods (3hrs)
What to Expect – Play Therapy Basics
Play Therapy Basics is designed therapists new to play therapy or experienced therapists seeking a refresher. Play Therapy Basics is for those wanting to learn play therapy techniques and interventions.
Learn about play therapy history and theories specific to both directive and non-directive play therapy. Participants will be introduced to toys and materials needed to set up a play therapy room as well as a portable play therapy kit for therapists on the go.
Play Therapy Basics will teach foundational interventions including restating content, reflecting feelings, paraphrasing, and metacommunication
Play Therapy Basics will teach you how to use play therapy with various populations in individual, family and group sessions.
Play Therapy Basics Learning Objectives
After attending this workshop, Participants will be able to
- Participants will discuss directive and non-directive play therapy
- Participants will be able to identify materials needed to set up a play therapy room or assemble a traveling kit
- Participants will practice and apply play therapy interventions such as restating content, paraphrasing, and reflecting feelings
- Participants will practice and apply play therapy techniques to various populations
- Participants will practice and apply play therapy techniques in individual, family, and group settings
- 8:30am to 10:30am: Instruction
- 10:30am to 10:45am: Break
- 10:45am to 12:00pm: Instruction
- 12:00pm to 1:00pm: Lunch (on your own)
- 1:00pm to 2:30pm: Break
- 2:30pm to 4:30 pm: Instruction
**Refund, Cancellation, and Rescheduling Policies are listed below
Cancellation & Refund Policy
All attendee cancellation/refund requests should be submitted by email to email@example.com.
For a full refund, request must be received no later than 7 calendar days prior to workshop/evet date.
Partial Refunds will be issued for requests sent less than 7 calendar days prior to workshop/event date. Partial refund is considered a refund of the registration fee minus administrative fees outlined below:
- $25 administrative fee for a half-day workshop
- $50 administrative fee for a full-day workshop
- $75 administrative fee for 2-day workshop
No refund will be issued for any requests not received at least 24 hours before the event start time.
Meraki Institute Cancellation & Rescheduling Notice
Meraki Institute of Learning at Tanager Place reserves the right to cancel/postpone an event due to insufficient enrollment. Meraki Institute of Learning will email registered attendees at least 5 calendar days before event date to notify of the cancellation/postponement. Registered attendees will be provided the option to transfer enrollment to future event date or receive a full refund.
Meraki Institute of Learning at Tanager Place reserves the right to cancel/postpone an event due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. In the event this occurs, registered attendees will receive e-mail notification before event start time. Meraki Institute of Learning at Tanager Place will send email notification to registered attendees within 10days of cancelled event to announce rescheduled event date. Attendees will be provided the option to transfer enrollment to future event or receive a full refund.