- This event has passed.
Movement & Sensory Interventions in Play Therapy
January 21 @ 3:00 am – 6:15 am CST
Friday Jan 21st 2022
Live In-Person Workshop
Time: 9:00am to 12:15pm
Workshop Level: All
Minimum of master’s level clinician or currently attending a master’s level program in counseling related field.
Maggie Hartzler LISW, CTRP
Tanager Place Estle Center Lower Level Training Room
1030 5th Ave SE, Cedar Rapids Iowa
Play therapy credit available to mental health professionals & graduate students in a mental health program
- Total: 3 Contact CEs
Play Therapy Special Topics (3hrs
This Play Therapy workshop, will help you prepare and create ways to incorporate movement & sensory interventions into play therapy sessions. As a result, you will gain tools to support client regulation in and out of sessions. The tools and skills learned can be applied to support clients and yourself within play therapy to increase body awareness, regulation, and resilience. You will understand the power of movement in play therapy from a neurological perspective. In the end, you will be empowered to advocate for systems changes in support of best practices for all children.
After attending this workshop, Participants will be able to
- Describe what impact movement has on the brain, body, and nervous system, specifically related to trauma and resilience in play therapy sessions.
- Describe the reason for movement as a tool for regulation and resilience, explaining the benefits of using movement both in and out of play therapy sessions to advocate for clients’ needs in home and school environments.
- Utilize and demonstrate skills, vocabulary, and exercises to utilize in play therapy sessions to increase body awareness of self and clients to build resilience.
- Prepare and apply movement interventions into your play therapy sessions to help clients regulate their bodies and nervous systems in and out of session.
- 9:00am to 10:30am: Instruction
- 10:30am to 10:45am: Break
- 10:45am to 12:15pm: Instruction
Cancellation & Refund Policy
All attendee cancellation/refund requests should be submitted by email to email@example.com.
For a full refund, request must be received no later than 7 calendar days prior to workshop/evet date.
Partial Refunds will be issued for requests sent less than 7 calendar days prior to workshop/event date. Partial refund is considered a refund of the registration fee minus administrative fees outlined below:
- $25 administrative fee for a half-day workshop
- $50 administrative fee for a full-day workshop
- $75 administrative fee for 2-day workshop
No refund will be issued for any requests not received at least 24 hours before the event start time.
Meraki Institute Cancellation & Rescheduling Notice
Meraki Institute of Learning at Tanager Place reserves the right to cancel/postpone an event due to insufficient enrollment. Meraki Institute of Learning will email registered attendees at least 5 calendar days before event date to notify of the cancellation/postponement. Registered attendees will be provided the option to transfer enrollment to future event date or receive a full refund.
Meraki Institute of Learning at Tanager Place reserves the right to cancel/postpone an event due to inclement weather, instructor illness or instructor family emergency. In the event this occurs, registered attendees will receive e-mail notification before event start time. Meraki Institute of Learning at Tanager Place will send email notification to registered attendees within 10days of cancelled event to announce rescheduled event date. Attendees will be provided the option to transfer enrollment to future event or receive a full refund.